Wednesday, September 19, 2007

gimme strength

Oh jeez. I just need the strength or... will... the determination... I know there's a word I'm looking for but it's not coming to me. Wednesdays are really hard for me anyways. First I have my 2.5 hour math class. Then I have 3 hours of math tutoring a specific class. THEN I have 2 hours in the math lab helping random boneheads. All in a row.

I do like all this, but it can be a bit rough. It's about 7 or 8 hours of straight math time.
Tonight wasn't that bad. There are quite a few people I actually enjoy being around, which is nice. But I'm still worn out mentally.

Maybe I might just keep my math major. I don't know. I'm sort of talking myself out of it before I even really try. :-( I'm just worried about calculus. And beyond. Oy. But I'm still rather enjoying math. I just have to take it one day at a time. And find good teachers, that can make a big difference. But it's hard to find good teachers sometimes. :-(

Well anywhoooo. I have a lot of work ahead of me this weekend. I simply MUST get my act together in studying for my math test that is in one week. I have 7 sections of homework, and I think I'll have to do it all twice for the practice. I just need to find my motivation.
My last test was regraded and now I have an 85%. That honestly is a lot better than I thought I would do. I was so worried about that test. So if I could just get my mind on it, I should shoot for an A on this next test. Don't give up, Shannon, don't give up.

2 comments:

cybrpunk said...

Sounds like a good way to get burned out. Too much math can melt the brain. I know. Part of my brain oozed out of my left ear during a Numerical Methods lecture. I miss that part of my brain too. If only I could remember what it was....

Shannon River said...

Definite burn out!!
And the sad thing is, I'm burning myself out anyways with my high expectations and pressures on myself.

Maybe that's what my contribution to the world should be... I'll go searching for the missing pieces of our brains. I know I miss some of mine too.

Oh well. Life is good in ignorance. :-)