Saturday, October 6, 2007

6 days ago

You know, I never really did mention much about our day out last Sunday. Maybe I'll rehash a few fun details now.

I love the zoo, but hate seeing these poor animals in awful cages. They try to update some of them, and a few are better, but still. Poor darlings. Still, I had a great time. Weather was nice, even though the sun was shining brightly. I love spending a lot of time near the aquatic animals and such. We watched the sea lions for a long time, the river otters... so on.

Anyways, then we popped over to an old friend's house, Fred. I've known him for 15 years now. We're not super close or anything, but despite distance we seem to keep in touch with each other decently enough. We invited him to go to Casa Bonita's with us, but he had other plans with other friends. So we chatted for awhile and then Ryan and I had to get going to the restaurant.

Same as I remember! The food wasn't as terrible as it's made out to be. It's not great, but not the worst mexican food I've ever eaten either. After eating, we explored the restaurant. Ryan had a really, really good time, like I knew he would. They did have divers there, but sadly they were women. ;-) I was astonished, though, at how they have to climb up the waterfall. These poor people have to literally scale the walls. Scary! Goodness! And even after they dive into the pool, there's no ladder to get out, they have again climb up the walls and over a fence. It's soooo odd. The pool is so tiny. I wonder how many accidents there have been?

Ryan really didn't want to leave. I knew that would happen. ;-) Oh, and we went through Bart's Cave... the thing is they have it all "Halloween-ed". So that just makes it even scarier!!! I'm a huuuuge baby when it comes to things like this. The only reason I could go through Bart's Cave in the first place was because I ran through there countless times when I was little and finally got a little desensitized to the scariness of it. I do have to pat myself on the back, because I really am a scaredy cat, but yet I managed to go through. I saw lots of other people back out. They'd walk up to the entrance, turn around and walk right back out. LOL. I just about did that as well, but I pushed through.

No comments: