Thursday, October 25, 2007

status epilepticus

That is just a weird term. My husband and I went to a doctor's appointment today and I just couldn't bring myself to say it. Because I always feel like I would be saying it wrong. (it's when a person goes into seizure after seizure and they don't stop.)

I also dicked it up in astronomy today. I swear. I could've gotten 10 extra credit points if I would've answered a question. Why didn't I? Stupid little anxiety attack. I just couldn't bring myself to say the answer for whatever reason. (I don't need the points, luckily. But it's the principle of the matter. Darn me to heck anyway.)

I had my drama exam in Lit. I just don't know... I really don't. I'm afraid I did very badly. This semester is just hell on me for some reason. Grrrrr.

Anyways, we're trying a new medicine on Ryan. He actually went into status epilepticus on this one medicine about 16 years ago, Te.gretol. Now we are trying a drug that is close to it, like a cousin, Tri.leptal. It'll be interesting (right) to see what happens. I hate it when we mess around with his medication, but we simply have to. I keep waiting for that one drug that will answer our prayers. (or cocktail of drugs, whatever.)

I asked Ryan when his status epilepticus happened when he was on that other medicine and he said he was about 4 days into the dose. He just took his first dose of this medicine tonight. Hopefully next week will pass by uneventfully.

Yay to Blooger for finally putting in an option to email, or subscribe, to comments!!!!

No comments: