I'm still quite in a funk about school. Long story semi-short:
- They (4 yr university) lost my application for a transfer scholarship. I'm out $850 now.
- I found out too late about a foreign language requirement that nobody has mentioned to me before now.
- But of course it is all my fault, and college advisors walk on water so there's no possible way they overlooked telling me about this foreign language credit.
- Ergo, I'll be taking 2 geography classes, 1 history class, 1 French class and 1 ballroom dancing. For the fine arts credit. Yee Haw.
- Math has been beyond a hose beast. The last test was terribly hard. 10 pages. ~45 questions. Only 2 hours to complete it. I didn't. I got a 67%.
- The idiot math teacher can't even grade her own tests right, she marked everyone wrong because she got the problem wrong. Hell-o.
- My GPA is tanking very quickly. This semester's GPA is bad, and it's going to pull my cumulative down into the mud. I'll probably get kicked out of my honor society.
- And I don't even need this math anymore (of which I'll probably end up with a C in) due to my new major of geography. I'm so glad that it's just going to ruin my GPA for no good reason now!
- Well, in other news, my astronomy grade is 105% right now. And we took a test this morning of which I got zero answers wrong. (107% overall because he loves extra credit.)
- My literature paper tanked too. I don't know what this lady wants. I wrote my term paper just like I wrote my B+ and A- essay exams... and I got a C. I'm going to end up with a B in that class. I'm really frustrated because I don't know what she wants, and I asked for clarification after class... and I still don't understand.
My math final is next Monday and I just don't have the will to study for the damn thing. Not after this last test. I worked my fingers to the bone doing ~25 hours of homework and I still couldn't pull off the B I wanted. (of course the test was extremely hard and long and I couldn't finish.) At least my stupid teacher doesn't write the final... It's only 25 questions.
My astronomy test will be about 200 questions... but I should be okay in that of course.
Hubby and I will run to another state and stay in a cheap motel for a few days after all my finals next week.
My days of school look long for next semester. As it stands right now:
7:00 to 8:50 pm - Ballroom Dancing. With the hubby. For that all important fine arts credit.
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
10:00 to 12:20 - French I
1:00 to 4:00 - hopefully I'll get a math class to tutor at these times.
6:00 to 7:15 pm- One of the required geography classes.
9:00 to 11:45 - Second required geography class.
12:00 to 2:45 - History.
Then I'll try to take French II at the 4 year university next summer. And maybe another class... we'll see... financial aid usually doesn't help you over the summers. It'd be nice if I could take it at the community college I'm at right now, but the 4 year will only take up to 72 credits of transfer. Though... you can sort of "pick and choose" which ones so conceivably I could drop some superfluous psych classes and use a 5 credit hour French II.
However, the 4 year college wants Mulah and so they'll try and dissuade me from doing this. Bastards.
Okay, well, is this a long and boring enough post for y'all? Enjoy!