Monday, April 12, 2010

Long time, no see

I know this is pathetic around here! It's like, why even bother posting anymore when I don't do it regularly. Oh well. It's my blog and I can do what I want.

What I want to do is tell a cute story from a geology field trip I went on this weekend. We went to a local mountain to look at all the glaciation related stuff and someone had brought their dog. A very cute, very energetic border collie.

My professor tried to climb up the side of the road to point out the "crescent pressures" on a big boulder, and the dog took that as a big green light to race right into him, nearly knocking him over and off the slope. Man, I wish I had a video camera going at that moment because it was just so cute.

The dog was all excited and jumping/climbing/digging in the snow as my professor continued to lecture and finally told the dog "It's okay, dog, it's only glaciation."

And I had to laugh because the doggie started to dig into the storm layers of the snow, thus undoing some time work for glaciation in that area.

Yeah, I know, you had to be there, but it still is cute.

In other news, I have found a camera for a Kiwi and man, they are so adorable! I love watching this little chickie do his thing.

I love animals.

I have 4 weeks of classes left, and 1 week for finals. I'm graduating this May and I cannot wait. Although, it's definitely a paradox because I want to be done with school so badly but I also don't want to be out there looking for a job right now. Yeee-ikes. :-(

No comments: